What is Microblading?
Microblading is a technique used to partially or fully camouflage missing eyebrow hairs by drawing in a semi-permanent tattoo which gives the appearance of simulated hair. We use Baltic ink’s for our Microblading, which is one of the top quality inks available!
- Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before the procedure
- Do not tan two weeks prior to the service, or have a sunburned face
- Do not have any type of facial 2 weeks prior to the procedure
- Do not work out the day of the procedure
- Do not have botox 3 weeks prior to the procedure
- Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior to the procedure (they are natural blood thinners)
- Do not wax or tint your eyebrows 3 days prior to the procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 – 48 hours before your tattoo
- Do not consume coffee before your procedure
- Do not take an Aspirin or Ibuprofen for pain relief (these also thin the blood).
- Use a fresh pillowcase while you sleep.
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of color.
- No facials, Botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
- Avoid long, hot showers for the first 10 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- Avoid face-down swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the first 10 days.
- Avoid topical makeup and sunscreen on the area.
- DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area.
Information gathered from Symmetry Brow
It is essential that you follow these instructions after your Microblading session:
Day 1 (Day of treatment): 2-3 hours after treatment, gently clean the area with a very small amount of sterile water on a cotton pad, just barely damp, NOT wet. Do this 2 to 4 times today to avoid build-up of blood/lymph on the area.
Day 2 & 3: When you wake up, gently wipe the area with a small amount of sterile water on a cotton pad. Be extra careful not to rub the brows hard, tug or scrub the brows.
Do this 2 to 4 more times today to avoid any build-up of blood/lymph
Using a cotton swab, you may apply a very small amount of Aquaphor to brows (very small amount-like half the size of a grain of rice for both brows). This is just to add a small amount of moisture – brows should not appear greasy, glossy or shiny, if they do, you used too much. Do not use aggressive
movement/manipulation of the skin- be gentle. Make sure your hands are clean before touching your brows.
Day 4-14: Gently clean the brow area with a damp cotton pad, you may use a drop or 2 of alcohol free witch hazel (added to the damp pad) to clean the brows 2-4 times a day. If your brows feel tight or dry, you may apply an extremely thin layer of Aquaphor after cleansing (brows should not be greasy, glossy, or shiny – if so, you used too much).
- Allowing any water to touch the brows! No shower stream over brows. Wash face CAREFULLY with a
- washcloth or cleansing wipes, avoid brow area.
- Practicing sports
- Hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
- Sun tanning or salon tanning
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic Acid on the face or neck
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the brow area. You will cause scarring of the area or removal of the pigment if you pick or peel scabs prematurely.
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where
there is a lot of airborne debris – now is not the time!
- Spicy foods
- Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care with a cotton swab
- Do not use any cleansers or facial products of any kind, over the brow area for at least 10 days.
- Absolutely do not use any ointments, antibiotic creams or gels, or vitamin creams over the brow area – it will draw out the pigment.
*Before showering apply a thick layer of Aquaphor to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the showerhead. And remove the Aquaphor gently after the shower. Please NOTE: Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post-microblading procedure. However, experience has shown that by following these after-care instructions, these symptoms may quickly disappear.
Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape-design is recommended only after 6-8 weeks.
Your eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle.
Days 1-4: The pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because the pigment is still sitting on top of your skin, and has not yet settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually. Do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab, as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin. Your brows may swell and appear larger also.
Days 5-7: Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the pigment is fading too quickly, however, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
Days 8-12: Your brows may look as though the pigment has completely faded – do not panic – take a deep breath and trust the process.
Days 14-28: Your brows may still look a little patchy or uneven, but the pigment will start to “reappear” as the pigment settles and the healing continues.
You may get your touch-up/perfecting procedure done at the 6-8 week point NO SOONER to allow for complete healing of the brows.
Pro-Tip: Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 up to SPF 50 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade quickly.
What is Yumi Lash Lift?
Yumi lash lift is an advanced technique designed to lift and boost your eyelashes naturally without having to resort to fake lashes. It’s a great alternative to false lashes that not only enhances your own natural beauty but its coloring as well!
Here's a Vogue article explaining more!
- Eyelash extensions need to be removed at least 3 days to 1 week prior to appointment.
- For best results do not use waterproof mascara or curl your lashes 5 days prior to your treatment.
- No eye makeup the day of your appointment. For example, mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner, etc.
- Every client must fill out a waiver before starting the treatment.
- Remove any eye makeup with oil free makeup remover the day prior.
- Its recommended to wash your hair prior to your appointment because you may not for 48 hours after.
- No water and mascara on the lashes for 48 hours after the treatment
- No steam, no heavy exercising that would cause excessive sweating, no hair washing (at home) for 48 hours after etc.
- No lash Serums, last extensions, eye creams for 48 hours.
- Use oil free make up remover wipes to wash your face after the treatment.
What is Keratin Therapy?
We use Keratin products for treatment of rough and frizzy hair, enabling it to go beyond the cuticle and penetrate deeper into the hair shaft where it bonds to the most damaged parts of the hair. This ensures the nutrients in your hair are properly replenished, resulting in smooth, healthy hair guaranteed!